Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Double Occasion!

When:  Sunday, June 20th, 2010

What:  Tony's First Father's Day and Natalie's Baby Dedication

Who:  We were blessed to have Great-Grandpa and Grandma Fast, Papa and Nana Fast, Grandpa and Grammie Hohlen, and Aunt Carrie and Uncle Biff all join us!

The morning of Father's Day, Tony, my dad, and Kevin all went to a neighbor's annual Father's Day Fly-In for breakfast.  They had a huge meal and saw some neat planes.  Based upon previous years, I begged Tony to shower AFTER the event and before church, because for the past couple years that he has gone, he comes home and we head to church with him stinking like bacon all morning!  Thankfully he obliged!

At church that morning, Natalie was dedicated to the Lord, with prayers and support from her immediate, extended, and church family.  I was fighting the tears like you wouldn't believe...quite a feat for me! :)

Following the service Tony and I treated everyone to lunch at the Oasis, our local dive. 

That afternoon, Tony and I took a ride on my dad's Harley for about an hour.  We ran into some friends of ours and they asked about the bike.  I responded that it was my father's day gift to Tony...and they were impressed.  But, I had to tell the truth!  Sorry babe...maybe someday!

Later that afternoon, the Hohlen clan got on the road back in NE.  Thanks for all the fun memories we shared for seven weeks this summer!  LOVE YOU!

Some pictures from the day:





Oh, I forgot to mention this precious family heirloom.  Natalie was given a gift the morning of her dedication from Grammie Lynn.  It was the necklace that she, I, and Carrie all wore when we were baptized as babies.  It was a very special token to have on her special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment