Saturday, November 15, 2008

Tony's Man Hut; An end to Volleyball


Our garage has finally come together! Eventually the rest of the house will take on the same look with the siding and NovaBrik. There is also a driveway in the plans for next spring or so. Tony has begun working on the inside creating his Man Hut for the local guys to come and relax in.

As for me, volleyball has officially ended. I feel as though a 300 pound load of bricks has been lifted off of my shoulders. The girls did so well this year...we were able to make it past the District tourney and on to Divisionals. This group of girls has been great for me and my faith walk. So many of them have been able to begin to form a relationship with Christ this season by some teammates and I simply inviting them to Wednesday night youth group. They see me outside of my teacher/coach role as a real person with a growing relationship with Christ and they tell me how they want the same, and that makes it all worth it for me. It has been a long and trying season with many ups and downs, but in the end I can look back and see the difference that I was able to make in many of the girls' lives, both on the court and off. Prayer got me through it, thanks to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment