Monday, November 17, 2008

I've got the bug...

Yes, I do have a bug of some sort...a cold, cough, fever, runny nose...as a teacher I always get it about this time of year. But that is not the bug that I'm referring to this time. So I know it is not Thanksgiving yet, but I've got a bug...the bug to start considering all of the things that I am thankful for.

God is so wonderful. He gives me what I need even before I need it, and that astounds me. I am thankful for God and his mercy, grace, and unconditional love that He pours over me. I am thankful for the gifts He has blessed me with so that I may share His love with others.

I am thankful for sunrises and sunsets.


I am thankful for God's beautiful creation of the earth and all it's splendor.


I am thankful for the everlasting life that Jesus offers us if we believe in Him and accept His sacrifice on the cross to pay for our sins. I am thankful that He chose to die for you and me, and that we will someday live with Him forever in Heaven.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son. Whoever choses to believe in Him will not perish, but will have everlasting life." John 3:16

I am thankful for the husband and best friend that I have in Tony.


I am thankful for my other "Buddy."


I am thankful for my family and close friends and the love that we share.


I am thankful for God making me me.


There are so many things that I could add to this list. I consider myself more than blessed and can never be thankful enough for all that the Lord has provided for me.

I know I'm over a week early, but Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Take some time to step back from all the chaos and praise God with shouts of thanksgiving for what He has blessed you with.

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely thankful for you too!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, it is so refreshing to here.

    ReplyDelete