Monday, January 26, 2015

August 2014


My sister Carrie and her boyfriend Sam were kind enough to drive to MT, hang out for one day, and then get back in the car for the drive with the girls and I to Nebraska.  

Friday, August 1st was a big day for me.  (Also, Happy 5th Anniversary Brian and Sarah!)  
It was my maiden voyage with the boat to the lake, unload, enjoy the water, load, and head home ALL WITHOUT TONY to help me with any of it!  
Thank goodness I had Carrie and Sam to help with my girlies.
Such a fun day, and I cannot thank you ENOUGH for making the quick yet tedious trip up here to help me get home to NE for some family time!

Carrie and Sam brought up some good ole' Nebraska corn on the cob with them when they came up!
To stay with tradition, here is a picture of Maycie with her first ear of corn!!

First pit stop on our way to NE...Circle, MT!

Second pit stop of the drive...Broadus, MT.  
So fun to find a little lemonade stand at the park where we stopped to play!

This is the morning after we arrived in NE.  
It was too dark to see the highly anticipated pool in Grandpa and Mimi's backyard the night before.  

Following their first swim...snuggles with Grandpa John.

Some wiffle ball at Grandma Colleen house with Aunt Connie.

The cheering squad.

Can't leave Hastings without taking a spin (or two) around Fisher Fountain!

Many, many hours were spent playing on the trampoline.

We had so much fun attending my cousin Lindsey's wedding and reception. 

It was a Saturday morning 
'run-to-Casey's-in-our-jammies-for-doughnuts-with-Gpa' 
kinda day!

Maycie and Uncle Brian with her sweet sunscreen mow hawk!

While her sisters had swim lessons with Carrie, Maycie's heart was as content as ever here in her outdoor kitchen.

Sunday afternoon Harley ride with Biff.  

Aleah and Uncle Brian tooting around the yard.

Maycie's blue eyes melt me!

Happy Hour at Sonic!  Need I say more???

One afternoon Carrie and I decided to make some zucchini bread and cake with all the garden produce.  We were out of eggs.  Grocery store is out of the way.  
Me:  "Carrie, do you know anyone around here with farm fresh eggs we could buy?"
Carrie:  "Gimme a second to make a call!"

Before I knew it, we were loading up the girls to go visit the Meyers.
Turns out their house is like a petting zoo!  SO MUCH FUN!


Getting some eggs.


Happy Birthday to Mimi and Grandpa John (and Carrie too)!

Grandma "Clean" joined us for a fiesta!

Feliz Cumpleanos!

Some giant NE field corn.

A walk down memory lane (the train tracks).  I told them stories of how Uncle Brian and I used to come down here and play all the time.  

In the words of Biff...
SO THANKFUL for his help in driving the girls and I back home to MT!
It was great to have him visit for a while too!

Birthday dinner for Nana at the Gateway meant fun with cousins!

Aleah and Kate are the best of friends!

Natalie's first haircut.  I told her she had to be five before I'd let her get her first cut.  
We gave in one Sunday afternoon.  So fun to have our dear friend Jori give Nat her first haircut.

Tony's so proud of his little farm girl!

It's Labor Day weekend!  
What's that mean??  
CAMPING TRIP TO KIWANIS with a CREW of friends!!!  
We. Are. Blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment