Now that I'm not working, I usually stay in bed until about 7:30am. But, lately I have been getting up at 6:30am with Tony and enjoying the morning with him before he leaves for the farm. I'll help him get whatever he needs for the day ready and then send him off on his way. From here, I bundle up in some warmer clothes and Buddy and I take off for about a 45-minute to hour walk around Fort Peck. Sometimes we stay up in town and wander through the streets of the houses, other days we'll head down Teton hill and walk around the nature trail at Kiwanis Park.
This has really helped me to do some reflecting on life before this baby arrives. I talk with God and take in my beautiful surroundings, as well as try to keep the dog from chasing EVERY deer we see on the way. If its a cloudier day, I stay up in town. Some neighbors will be out getting their newspapers or warming up their cars, so I'll stop and say hello; I can see others getting their morning coffee through their front window and share a wave with them. If it looks like a clear sky and that I will be able to see a beautiful sunrise, I head down to the nature trail. By the time I get around the the powerhouse side, the sun is rising over the water...refreshing.
What a perfect way to start the day. I thank God for all the blessings I have received in my life. One of the greatest blessings of all could be here any day...its always on my mind now. Hopefully these walks in the morning will only aide in that process! I'm usually a night walker, like around 10ish, but this is becoming more and more my style..we'll see how it goes!
Just reading your blog was refreshing. Enjoy every minute of this time because it is precious. Your life will be different and so wonderful (did I already say different!) when the baby comes! I like how you described where you live - it makes me excited to get moving...literally. =)
ReplyDelete