Wednesday, January 19, 2011

She's here!

With a doctor that thought I'd still be a while, and the fact that I went past my due date with Natalie by four days, I did't expect to deliver as soon as God had in mind. 

At about 4pm in the afternoon on Jan. 6th (my due date), I started having rather intense contractions, slowing down my afternoon and the dinner preparation process.  It got to the point where I almost called Tony to ask him to come in early from work, but God was all over that already.  The guys finished up a hopper by about 5pm and Tony sent them home for the weekend so he came in a bit early as well...THANKFULLY.  I had a feeling that we may make our due date afterall if things don't ease up. 

With our bathroom remodel not yet finished at the farmhouse, we headed over to his parents' house to shower after we finished supper...not knowing this would be our last meal as a family of three.  It was around 8pm when I got out of the shower.  I called the nurses station at the hospital and filled them in about my contractions.  Living an hour away and knowing about the excitement of our snowy roads that lay ahead, they suggested we make our way to Glasgow to the hospital. 

From there, the rest is history.  Our second little mystery was revealed to us the following day.  On Friday, January 7th, at 2:39pm, we were blessed with our second little girl...Aleah Lynn Fast!  She was born as healthy as could be, thanks be to God, and immediately stole our hearts.  Looking back, its hard to imagine life without her.  Natalie was definitely meant to be a big sister...she has enough love in her heart and kisses on her lips for a few more siblings down the road!  (NOT YET THOUGH!)

Here she is!!!
Aleah Lynn
1-7-11
2:39pm
8lbs. 7oz.
21in.

Her measurements...
Perfect in every way!

B. E. A. U. T. I. F. U. L.

So happy to have her join us!

1 comment: