Becky Johnson attends our church and puts together our church's Christmas cantada every year. She also works in the OBGYN doctor's office that I went to for Natalie. Before Natalie was born, Becky asked is we would be willing to let our newborn play the role of Baby Jesus in this year's musical, One Bethlehem Night. I talked to Tony and we decided to help Becky out.
Here are some photos of Natalie's acting debut as Baby Jesus is the musical, One Bethlehem Night.
Towards the last few minutes of the show, Mary, played by one of the seniors in youth group, Becca Nixdorf, would come behind stage and grab Natalie for her part.
Becca and Natalie as Mary and Baby Jesus
There were three showings, Friday and Saturday night, and Sunday afternoon.
All three went really well; there were only a few tears shed by our little actress on Friday night after the show had ended and Pastor Jay was thanking everyone for coming and led a short prayer. Other than that Natalie was great!
I must admit, I shed some tears on Thursday night at the dress rehearsal.
Such a touching story, and to see Natalie on stage as the most important character in the Christmas story melted my heart!
To understand the love that a parent has for their child now, and to feel maybe only a fraction of what God along with Mary and Joseph must have felt on that night in which Jesus, our Lord and Savior, was born was so neat!
No comments:
Post a Comment