Monday, May 9, 2011

I thought a crown would turn that frown upside down!

I had been keeping my eyes open for a good deal on this ginormous bucket of 101 cookie cutters that I found online.
I had none beforehand...now we have an abundance.
I consider myself a rather practical, yet creative person. Cookie cutters can be used for SO many things: cookie dough, play dough, tracing, dipping in paint as a stamp, sorting by color, type, shape, stringing on as a temporary necklace, etc.

We haven't done any of the above with them yet, other than take them out of the bucket, play with them in the dump truck, and put them back in the bucket. Some day I'll get to them.

ANYWAYS...
the purpose of this post was to share the following picture with you.


In the bucket of cookie cutters there was a piece of paper that went around the bottom on the inside with the name of the cutters and information and such. I thought to myself, this would make the perfect crown for Natalie if I turned it inside out, had her color it, shortened and re-taped it. She, on the otherhand, was not so fond of the idea. Hence the above picture. We had this crown around for about two weeks until it ended up mangled beyond recognition, but I'm not sure I ever found Natalie smiling while wearing it. She played with it often, bringing it to me to help her put it on, but she never gave me anything more than a dead stare, blank face, or the look aboce. No idea why. Just a memory I wanted to share with you and preserve for her to read about someday.

I thought a crown would turn that frown upside down. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment