Friday, November 12, 2010

Heartwell Park

This park has a special place in my heart.  My great-grandparents lived right across the street from it and we spent countless hours feeding the ducks or sitting on their screened-in porch watching passers-by.  More recently, the last time I visited this park was just after Tony and I got married for pictures with the wedding party. 

Daddy decided to spend the day with Natalie and I rather than go to the field. We had a nice, relaxing morning and then for lunch headed to Sonic's drivethru. We took our lunch to a picnic table in the sun at Heartwell Park and enjoyed our meal and a walk around the lake. Natalie didn't get to do much walking that day due to the fact that the park maintenence crew had just aerated the lawn and the little "mud turds" were extra muddy that day.



"So big" sitting on the picnic table eating lunch.

Watching duckies...real, live ones!

Getting a little bit closer.

Watching them swim.

This was not the same day, but here is a funny picture of Natalie playing with Grammie Lynn's glasses!
She was so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment