Friday, December 19, 2008

more precipitation

Snow! I love it! I can't get enough of it. Yeah, so it may cause some trouble with driving, but I LOVE IT!!! (Thanks to 4-wheel drive.) It's great to sit here and look out my window and see more of it falling to the ground, piling up. It's a calming feeling for me. "Relax Amy, and enjoy the pure, white snow." I love to go outside and shovel it, I love to go for walks at night when it is snowing. There are nights when it's so quiet that you can almost hear the snow hitting the ground. I LOVE IT!! It reminds me of skiing weekly in Colorado, of sledding over cow pies behind the 4-wheeler, and hiding in our fort while waiting for dad to come home from work so we could pelt him with snowballs. Good memories.

I am so eager to get home to Nebraska for Christmas. I have school on the 22nd and 23rd, and then we're taking off as soon as that bell rings on the 23rd. We're going to drive as far as we can on that day, get a quick night's sleep at a hotel, and finish the drive on Christmas Eve.

My heart is so anxious for what's to come in this new year. Tony and I have been praying about starting a family and what our Father has in store for us. We hope that you all have a blessed Christmas season and are able to, as Abbie Hanson said, "find some time to rest in the One who created you and just BE STILL." (Thanks for that Abbie! Love the way you put it!!)

HOLIDAY HUGS TO ALL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment