Friday, September 2, 2011

4th and Family

4th and family...no I am not talking about football.
(Although I'm loving that tomorrow is my Huskers' first game in the Big 10.) 

4th and family refers to...
yes...
believe it or not...
...the 4th of July and a family reunion. 

That.is.how.FAR.BEHIND.I.am!

Anyways, this year our 4th of July was very laid back.
Emphasis on the 'very.'
Considering we had spent the two days before and morning of the 4th at the Heidner family reunion,
the family and I, along with Tony's cousin Travis and his family stayed home and didn't even do fireworks

Pause...
I'm allowing you time to take that last statement in.


Okay...
are you ready to move on??
Trust me, I understand.  As I look back, I am still in shock.
We were just THAT tired.

I think this was the first year in my entire life that I haven't seen fireworks on July 4th. 
Not sure...maybe when I was a weee lassie of an infant at less than two months old I didn't see them, but really, who's counting?

Anyways, here are some picture of our weekend.
Natalie getting to push Aleah in the stroller in a wide open gym.

She LOVES being a big sister and getting the chance at independence.


Aleah in her 4th of July outfit...on the 3rd of July at church.

Natalie snuck up to Papa and Nana a couple more than a few times during the church service.
Thankfully we were surrounded only by family.  ;)

Natalie in her 4th of July outfit.

Snack time!

Aleah spending time with Daddy.

On the go, with cookie in tow. 

What's up in the sky???  (not fireworks) :(



This is a common pose for Natalie.  I think she likes the rush of throwing her head back and forth. 
She must get that from her dad! ;)

Overall, the reunion was a blast.  We were all tired in the end, but it is so fun to meet new cousins and catch up with old ones every couple years. 
And about the fireworks, as sappy as it sounds, I loved the night of the 4th of July because I had my loving hubby and wonderful girls by my side, even if all we did was watch an old episode of Shark Tank with Travis, Maella, Olivia, and Colin!

No comments:

Post a Comment